Spiros Verginis is Head of Business Unit Rx & OTC of Bausch Health.
His academic background consists of his master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Patras and a master’s in business administration (MBA) of Hellenic Management Association.
He has a broad experience in pharmaceutical market, starting his career in sales department of Janssen Pharmaceutical, the pharma division of Johnson & Johnson. During his stay in the company for 16 consecutive years he achieved 4 career promotions through assessment centers as, Product Specialist, District Sales Manager, Sales Manager and Business Unit Manager. As BU Manager he was a board member and he participated in a European development program for future leaders achieving an evaluation as top performer. During his career in Janssen he received many awards for his performance in all the positions that held. In the most of years he delivered the business goals, with great results especially in managerial roles. The highlights in this career are the high scores of the engagement surveys of his teams, over 95%, the innovative holistic approach for the Hepatitis and the outcome from the Copernicus project, an innovative “how to go” multichannel model for the pharma industry.
In 2015 he became as Sales Director in one of the biggest Greek pharmaceutical companies Galenica. As Sales Director he had the responsibility for 94 sales people, including sales reps, sales managers and key account managers. He developed sales plan for 12 therapeutic areas and penetrated in the fast-growing OTC market. A major success of his role was the transformation from a traditional sales department to a competitive and highly motivated one.
In 2016 he moved in Bausch Health as Business Unit Head. His vision is to build an exponential team and to contribute in our mission for transformation and continuing to evolve our organization while advancing global health. His consistent focus on the corporate goals was evaluated as highly performed.
As the head of business unit of Bausch Health Company, in Greece, Cyprus and Malta he is member of the management board and the leadership team of the company.
The company is one of the growing companies in pharma sector, with leading position in key therapeutic areas such as, ophthalmology, obesity, muscle pain. However, the biggest achievement is the 4th place in Great Place to Work for 2019 in Greece.
Mr. Verginis leads a team of 1 Marketing Manager, 2 Product Managers, 3 Sales Managers, 2 Key Account Managers and 25 Sales Reps in many therapeutic areas.
He has a P&L responsibility and actively contributes to pivot to offence as the key global message.
Mr. Verginis has a job description that includes the following.
- -Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- -Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- -Monitor performance of sales and marketing activities using balanced scorecard, key metrics and key success factors preparing reports for CEO and EMEA management.
- -HR management for his team
- -Manage and track expenditures, financial goals and budgets
- -Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business and strategic plans on commercial opportunities
- -Visit often key stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met.
- -Collaborate closely and effective with the other functions to achieve short and midterm goals of the company.
- -Implement new customers acquisition strategies
- -Participate as key stakeholder in cross regional meetings.