with Davide Zaccariello, Leadership & Executive Communication specialist, Adjunct at Ashridge Executive Education, HULT International Business School
Date: February 18
So many leaders struggle with and therefore procrastinate initiating difficult conversations, only to find that the situation has amplified with time and has become even more difficult to manage.
This propensity is a sign of fear of or resistance to some or all forms of conflict. Understandably so, because the escalation of conflicts can be quite destructive. On the other side, when we master the ability to use conflict as a resource, we can proactively engage with delicate issues in a timely and appropriate manner to create and build strong professional and/or personal relationship.
In the session you will have a chance to engage the trainer, experience directly the teaching in the conversation, and find new ways to tackle issues for which, in your experience, there has been no solution up until now.
This workshop is designed to:
- Reframe difficult conversation from ‘wicked problems to avoid’ to ‘opportunities for personal and professional growth’
- Understand the impact of verbal and nonverbal cues and language on the reactions and behaviours of others
- Become aware of and change your own unconscious habits, self-sabotaging language and patterns in your communication
- Learn how to use empathy to defuse resistances and enhance connection
- Leading a conversation by following it
9.30 – 10.00 Welcome Coffee
- A relational approach to communication: how and when we talk are more important to the relationship than the message we are communicating.
- Our belief system shapes our experience of life and what we see possible.
- Reframing the concept of conflict.
- Context and sequence for managing difficult conversations
11:45-12 .15 Coffee break
12:15-14:00 Practical application on real difficult conversations
- Identify few of the most relevant difficult conversations for the participants
- Analysis and role-play with the trainer to demonstrate how to use the skills presented in real cases
- Write out a basic scenario of how this applies in your world today
Venue: Life Gallery Athens
The event is addressed to YDC Members and Senior Directors from their Organizations
For YDC Members 180 Euro +VAT
For Non-Members 200 Euro + VAT
View the Workshop leaflet and Registration form here